Monday, June 10, 2013

Frying pan to fire

Well I've been off line a will as I have been in the process of relocating to a new city.  So in the midst of job interviews, house hunting, and all the typical chaos of moving. It seems that the jeep is the only family member that didn't what to do the move. Since we been in Phoenix (only about 10° hotter than Tucson) I have been having a challenge on my hands to keep her running cool. It seems that if you want to put your vehicle's cooling system to the test move to Phoenix in the summer.  So now to get you all caught up in what I've experimented with in my attempts to stay below the magical 210° mark.

First installed a 160° thermostat...  No noticeable difference, next installed missing fan shroud...  Again slim to not much help, still running in the 220 range. Last night me and the kids flushed the system, I have the feeling that the glycol ratio was to high... So far better as I type this blog out sitting in the jeep running parked waiting on my wife to get out of the store the temp is staying under 210 however it's only 10:30 the true heat doesn't come till early afternoon.  My next attempt will be to cut vent holes in the back of the hood. I guess only time (and temp) will tell, happy trails and tread lightly

No comments:

Post a Comment